about   beers   liqueurs

Friday, December 25, 2009

ramapo valley brewery, passover honey beer


First up, Ramapo Valley Brewery's Passover Honey Beer. Quite a mouthful, eh? Let's get right down to it.

TASTE
This is a kind of watery tasting one. Thin, not much flavor. Very slightly tastes of honey, but I wouldn't have guessed that's what it was if I had not been told that by the bottle. Definitely tastes better cold than room temperature. Also should note that it gets flat pretty easily. Not quite as bitter/god-awful as Bud-Light/Keystone/other swill, but pretty gosh darn close.

STRENGTH
The bottle won't tell me what the percent alcohol by volume is for this particular brew, and I'm too lazy to research it, but I would guess it's probably the same as any other draft beverage, and say about 5%. (It's hard to negotiate the keyboard to say 5% when you're drunk and the % and 5 are on the same key, by the way.) Took two to feel anything resembling a "buzz". Wears off pretty quickly - not much staying power. (Kind of like your mom. OHHH!)

As a side note, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why this is called a "passover beer" when the bottle exclaims "NOT FOR PASSOVER" on the seal. ?!?!?!?

All in all, Ramapo Valley Brewery, (based in Suffern, NY - insert Sex in the City reference here) I give you 1 STAR. Mostly just because it tastes a little like honey, and Suffern, NY reminded me of Sex in the City. Definitely not the best gluten-free beer I've ever had (and there are some decent ones, trust me).

SUMMARY
TASTE: *
STRENGTH: **
TOTAL: *

No comments:

Post a Comment